True Value Home Center
Your Neighborhood Building Center
What is now known as True Value Home Center located on Highway 59 north in Marshall was started
in 1952 by Luis Galanter at Marshall Lumber in a 20 ft. x 24 ft. (480 sq. ft.) garage. The
business began with three employees. In 1960 there was a 384 sq. ft. addition to the building
increasing the size to 864 sq. ft. In 1965 the business was purchased by Roy Fox and Robert L.
Carr, still operating as Marshall Lumber. In 1972 Ray Fox, son of Roy Fox, purchased Roy's share
of the business. In 1975 Marshall Lumber was expanded to 16,000 sq. ft. and became a True Value
store. In 1990 there was another addition of 10,000 sq. ft. True Value Home Center now has over
80 employees and yet another addition adding another 12,000 sq. ft. bringing the
total to 38,000 sq. ft. New areas that were added include a 'Just Ask' rental
department and a newly
expanded Bath Shop.
In 2013 the store changed hands to the next generation. James Carr,
Jennifer Johnson and Mike Fox took ownership of the the Marshall Location.
True Value Home Center - 1990